Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The title of the book is "A Boy Called 'IT'" by Dave Pelzer.
I first read this book in late November 2008, I was still attending Palm View Elemntary. I read this book while living with my aunt Carmela where her children had hundreds of books, basically a library! 
My cousin Daisy was reading this book one day and she said the boy reminded her of me. I ended up reading the book out of curiosity which I ended up loving.
The book itself was about a child abuse case, very graphic details about it were published in this book. The child's mother was an alcaholic who also had mental problems which resulted in her almost killing her baby.
I remember this book for mostly personal reasons.
A part that is not my favorite but always stuck with me is when the child woke up one day to find his mom with a pile of cupcakes on the table. She tells him to grab one, hesitant he reaches over to grab a cupcake. When the mother stabs his hand with a knife and proceeds to tell him to grab the cupcake and eat it.
I do recommend this book, all because it's based on real life events and make you realize a lot of what happens in child abuse cases. I would recommend it to those who pursue a career in criminology to have an understanding of what some cases might carry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two truths one lie- have fun reading three events and trying to figure out which outrageous event is a lie. qoute sandwhich- read ...